Saturday, October 15, 2011

Truth in advertising OR Caught in the headlights

I showed up at White Clay Creek State Park for a run to find signs for a hayride and a group of families getting ready to enjoy a campfire on a perfect Saturday evening. In the evening light, it reminded me a little of a Ralph Lauren ad, without the fashion :)


I struck out on the open trail with delightfully cheesy Chicago lovesongs in my ears and was overwhelmed by the beauty and briskness of the evening.


Even though I'm getting pretty familiar with the trail, sometimes I can't help but be inspired by imagining what's just around the corner.


I was so absorbed by the run (and making sure I didn't trip over rocks or slip in mud) that I didn't notice that I was coming up quickly on a roadblock:

This deer. I was probably 15 feet from her when I finally looked up from my focused delight in "Hard to Say I'm Sorry" and nearly had a heart attack. She just stood there, chewing on something, looking at me, as I skidded to a halt and took the opportunity to take a photo. She still didn't move as I resumed my run and jogged right past her. Bizarre.

No comments:

Post a Comment