Monday, October 3, 2011

In thoughts of you

After a wonderfully relaxing weekend with a fantastic friend (post and photos to come), here were are on another grey Monday morning.

I'm finishing up The Scarlet Letter for the book club at Winterthur tomorrow morning, which may be contributing to my contemplative mood. I'm excited about meeting the club tomorrow, and I have a much better appreciation for the novel 10 years after reading it for the first time in high school. I'm also reading it (for free!) on my Kindle app for my Macbook Air, which is making me understand everyone's love affair with their Kindles.

I'm also looking forward to some sketching and writing time tomorrow while I'm at Winterthur. I am determined to find a quiet place to sit and give the right side of my brain some time to play.

Something also reminded me of that lovely painting of the woman in the red dress dancing on the beach with her tuxedoed man while two men in top hats hold umbrellas over them. Do you know the one? I love Google, because 30 seconds after having that thought, I had this. And few minutes more of exploring Jack Vittriano's work, I found "In Thoughts of You," which seems to perfectly evoke my Monday morning greys...


I love her teatime place to relax, looking out on what I imagine is a residential neighbourhood in Chelsea or Kensington. I love her black stilettos. And most of all, I love that even though you can't fully see her expression, you really get a feel for her state of mind. Lost in thought, lost in time and space, thinking about old friends and lovers and happy times.

No comments:

Post a Comment