Thursday, October 6, 2011

Forward motion

Today felt like a day of forward motion, even if nothing concrete really got done. It's the thought that counts, right?

I started out with a call for a potential future working relationship, which ended on a positive, if indefinite result. I followed up on several volunteer positions and inquired about several school programs.

Then, the best part of my day.

Out on the open trail, 8k jog in the White Clay Creek State Park.

Hi!

Jogging back up the hill towards my car. With beautiful early evening light leading me home. By the way, I have been using Adidas's free jogging app miCoach for my blackberry to track my milage and speed and I'm really impressed with its functionality.

All that exercise worked up quite an appetite, and thank goodness, I went to the grocery store yesterday so I was fully stocked. There's a bit of chill in the air, so I went to my go-to starch, chili garlic butternut squash, and a quick internet search led me to Food and Wine's Sea Bass Baked in Foil with Pesto. I used tilapia (instead of sea bass) on a bed of basil leaves (instead of pesto) with grated squash and carrots and mushrooms on top. Finished it with some white wine, olive oil, lemon juice and garlic salt.

I wrapped it all up and shoved it in the oven after the squash had been baking for 15 minutes.


And baked it for another 20 minutes (original recipe called for 12 minutes, but the fish needed quite a bit longer). The results were delicious! Enjoyed with a glass of Spanish white (okay, two).


Didn't have time for the prettiest plate composition, but it was super tasty! Buon apetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment