Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Dreaming

A friend recently reminded me that putting voice to your dreams often helps them along their path to fruition.

I have many dreams right now -- working with a kick ass design firm, designing something that improves lives, running a marathon, spending a month in reflective silence trekking and meditating my way through the Himalayan forests.

But my dream today is climbing Mt Rainier.

I visited the Pacific Northwest for the first time over the summer, and in my new quest for taking on physical challenges, became smitten with the idea of tackling the snowy peak.  What sealed the deal was a special fly-by in the plane from Seattle to Salt Lake City.  High in the air, but below the level of the summit, it felt like I could reach out and touch the mountain.

And with views like this, who can blame me?

No comments:

Post a Comment