Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Meet every moment with open arms

I've been craving all things India while I've been here in Walden, but have been denying myself to help engender a forward-looking attitude. Now that I'm headed back tonight to help my parents find a new home in Bombay, I'm allowing myself some Bollywood :)

This is a clip from a film that came out before I left. The poetry starts about two thirds of the way through:

If you are carrying an eagerness in your heart,
then you are alive.
If you are carrying the sparks of dreams in your eyes,
then you are alive.
Learn to live freely like the gusts of wind,
Learn to flow in waves, like a river does.
Meet every moment with your arms open --
Every moment, let your eyes see a new view.
If you are carrying wonder in your eyes,
then you are alive.
If you are carrying an eagerness in your heart,
then you are alive.

Toh Zinda Ho Tum


Dramatic? Yes. But part of the India that is always with me is understanding that "drama" doesn't always have to have such a negative connotation. Sometimes drama = passion for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment